Bora İkiler has wide experience in competition law, corporate and commercial law, data protection law and contracts law and provides corporate counseling, transactional advice and regulatory compliance advice to local, foreign, and multi-national clients.
Bora represents his clients in investigations before the Turkish Competition Authority both in written and oral phases. He also advises on reviewing, planning and execution of regulatory filings for exemptions and clearances applicable to restrictive agreements and practices and merger control. He has a leading experience in advising business models involving vertical relations and industries that face peculiar competition law obstacles or unique logistical challenges, such as the healthcare, automotive and cement sectors.
He is also experienced in risk monitoring projects and provides trainings and strategic legal advice to mitigate identified risks. He regularly supports clients to develop a practical and tailored understanding of their specific competition law risks through audits and mock dawn raid sessions. He presents training seminars addressing the monitored risks and develops bespoke workplace policies.
Besides his competition law experience, Bora also provides legal advice on structuring and implementing corporate and commercial projects and transactions, including conducting due diligence, and drafting and negotiating transactional documents. Bora’s corporate practice experience includes advising clients on the legal and practical aspects of distributorship and agency issues, commercial agreements, licensing and toll manufacturing schemes and also has experience in corporate governance issues including company establishment, liquidation, share transfers.
Bora also provides legal advice on regulatory and compliance matters and assists in internal anti-corruption investigations and conducts due diligence under local and foreign anti-corruption legislations. He is actively involved in drafting company policies, checking current compliance and ensuring applications are in line with internal policies or legislation. He advises on practical approaches to addressing non-compliant situations and avoiding such circumstances in the future.
He has been praised by well-known global legal directories such as the Legal 500, Global Competition Review and Who’s Who Legal. Clients noting that “He balances strong technical knowledge with a warm approach - he is a great person to work with”.
Honors and Awards
- Graduate of Honors, Istanbul Bilgi University, Faculty of Law
- Graduate of Honors, Bilkent University, Faculty of Law
Activities and Affiliations
- Guest lecturer at İstanbul Bilgi University and Kadir Has University
- International Bar Association (Antitrust Committee and Anti-Corruption Committee)
- TED Ankara Koleji Alumni Association
- Bilkent University Alumni Association
- University of Michigan Alumni Association
- Transparency International Turkey
- Galatasaray Spor Kulübü
Prior and Present Employment
- Balcıoğlu Selçuk Ardıyok Keki Attorney Partnership (formerly Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki Attorney Partnership) (2018 - to date)
- Moroğlu Arseven Attorney Partnership (2014 – 2018)
- Gürkaynak Attorneys-at-Law (2006 – 2013)