Sercan Sağmanlıgil mainly focuses on data protection, competition law. He advises on competition including but not limited to exemption analysis, preparation and execution of compliance programs, preparation of defences of Turkish and multinational companies in competition investigations. He also works as a part of compliance team in data protection compliances program. With the help of his background in EU Law, he advises on both Data Protection Law in Turkey and the GDPR.In addition, Sağmanlıgil also provides legal assistance to Turkish and multinational companies in tax law, energy law, telecommunication law, infrastructure and PPP.
He regularly publishes his freelance writings on recent developments in competition and regulation law in Mondaq and CoRe.
- Author - Network Industries Quarterly Vol. 21 June 2019: OTT Regulation in Turkey
- Author - BASEAK Papers: Comparative Analysis of Special Categories of Personal Data: How close is the Data Protection Law in Turkey to matchup GDPR?
- Author - Mondaq Article: Regulation On Personal Health Data – What Does It Bring?
- Author - Mondaq Article: OTT Regulation In TurkeyAuthor - Mondaq Article: A Snapshot Of Turkish Merger Control In 2018
- Author - Mondaq Article: Tech Giants Caught By Data Protection Board's Radar
- Author - Mondaq Article: Roche Is Absolved From The Long-Standing Investigation
- Author - Mondaq Article: Bir karar da BTK'dan geldi! Türksat artık diğer işletmecilere ait altyapıları kullanabilecek
- Author - CoRe Article: Spread the word: Retail Minus is Recognized by the TCA
- Author - Mondaq Article: Recent Data Protection Developments In Turkey: It Is Time To Enroll The Registry
- Author - Mondaq Article: New Era of Data Protection in Turkey
- Author - Mondaq Article: Insurance Companies Absolved Of Concerted Practice Allegations
- Translator - Katma Değer Vergisi Bakımından Müteselsil Sorumluluk Uygulamasına Avrupa İnsan Hakları Mahkemesi’nin Bakışı: “Bulves Ad V. Bulgaria Davası”
- Author - BEPS; Action 7 project; addressed activity exemptions
- Translator - The Council of State’s Approach To Value Added Tax Disputes, Turgut Candan
Activities and Affiliations
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP-E)
- Accounting For Lawyers Certificated Workshop (2016,Queen Mary University of London)
- Certificated Tax Law Seminar (2015, Fiscal Academy)
Prior and Present Employment
- Balcıoğlu Selçuk Ardıyok Keki Attorney Partnership (formerly Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki Attorney Partnership) (2018 - to date)
- Akkaya Law Firm (2014 – 2016)
- Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki Attorney Partnership (2013 – 2014)