Doğan Eymirlioğlu is known in the market for his business-oriented approach and experience working on high profile domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, Public-Private Partnerships (PPP), private equity deals, franchising and distribution matters and in energy, insurance, life sciences, manufacturing and hotels and leisure sectors.
Dogan has been heavily involved in foreign direct investment projects in the form of greenfield investments, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions. With his strong experience particularly in corporate law, contracts law and public procurement, he represents foreign and local investors, including private equity funds on structural matters. He also has extensive experience in public contracts, privatizations and public-private partnerships. He has been involved in a number of major public tenders organized by Turkish authorities on projects ranging from healthcare PPPs, stadium constructions and major infrastructure projects to the sale of distressed groups seized by the government. He also acts as arbitrator or party counsel in domestic and international arbitrations in his areas of practice.
Recognised by the Client Choice as the exclusive winner of the 2019 Client Choice Awards for Arbitration & ADR in Turkey; Doğan is described by The Legal 500, Client Choice, Who’s Who Legal and clients as a “solution oriented” “hardworking lawyer” “rated for his great commercial acumen” and “excellent to work with” while his expertise is “much sought after.” His practice is described as “very resourceful and responsive”, “high quality work with good turnaround times” and he receives particular praise for “very good technical know-how” and “ability to interact with international counsel on multi-jurisdictional transactions.” He has particular capabilities in multi-disciplinary deals, and he receives clients’ appreciation for clear, commercial and feasible approach and advice.
- Co-author, “Turkey: A year of Big Changes,” IFLR 2013 Guide to Foreign Direct Investment, 2013
- Co-author, “Financing Commercial Property Investments in Turkey: new trends and securitisation methods” - Financier Worldwide, Global Reference Guide, Real Estate & Construction, 2012
- Co-author, “The Right of Self Determination in International Law Towards the 40th Anniversary of the Adoption of ICCPR and ICESCR,” Perceptions, Journal of International Affairs, Volume X Number 4, Winter 2005
Activities and Affiliations
Prior and Present Employment
- Balcıoğlu Selçuk Ardıyok Keki Attorney Partnership (formerly Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki Attorney Partnership) (2013 - to date)
- ErsoyBilgehan Lawyers and Consultants (2010 - 2013)
- White & Case, Istanbul (2009 - 2010)
- ErsoyBilgehan Lawyers and Consultants (2005 - 2009)
- White & Case, Istanbul (2004 - 2005)
- Gide Loyrette Nouel, Istanbul (2004)