Barlas Balcıoğlu is the Managing Partner in Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki and the Head of Real Estate and Banking and Finance teams. He focuses on arbitration, banking and finance, capital markets, corporate, energy, environmental and natural resources, franchising and distribution, real estate, securities and corporate finance in the construction, energy, forest products and agribusiness, financial institutions, hotels and leisure, infrastructure and PPP, luxury, fashion and beauty, manufacturing, real estate and retail.
He regularly advises multinational and Turkish banks in real estate finance, asset finance and leasing, project finance, syndicated lending and structured finance projects. He has extensive experience in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, domestic and international joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
The Legal500, Chambers Global and Chambers Europe rank and recommend Barlas in banking and finance, project finance and real estate, clients noting that Barlas Balcıoğlu and the team at Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki "work well under major pressure" and "go beyond what is expected’."
- “The Real Estate Law Review 3nd Edition, Turkey Chapter,” Law Business Research Ltd, March 2014
- “Lease Agreements in Turkey According to the New Code of Obligations,” Turkey Real Estate Reference Book, Europe Real Estate Publishing, June 2013
- “The Real Estate Law Review 2nd Edition,Turkey Chapter,” Law Business Research Ltd, April 2013
- “Unternehmen auf Brautschau – Companies looking for a bride,” Ost- West Contact Magazine, December 2005
- “Sigorta Hukuku ve Türk Borçlar Kanunu - Insurance Law and Turkish Code of Obligations,” BEST Insurance Periodical, 2004/2
- Co-author, “New Foreign Investment Law in Turkey” - ISI Emerging Markets Securities, July 2003
Activities and Affiliations
- Former adjunct lecturer (Corporate Law and M&A), Yeditepe University, Faculty of Law
Prior and Present Employment
- Balcıoğlu Selçuk Akman Keki Avukatlık Ortaklığı (2007 - to date)
- White & Case, Frankfurt (2005 - 2007)
- White & Case, Istanbul (2000 - 2005)